Friday, June 3, 2011

YES! I Can Feel Summer Coming On!


My children are playing, the windows are open, the house is clean, and dammit, I can feel summer coming on. I look forward to summer. Each one, since I've been divorced, has been a new adventure. My first summer about 3 (maybe 4?) years ago, was one where I lost about 90 pounds (sadly, some have been regained) and I rediscovered what it was like to feel "girly" again. Last summer, I spent time refinishing my basement, which has been an absolute bonus in my life.

I look forward to finding out what this summer holds. It's always an amazement to me what kinds of things unfold when I stick to my "YES" principal. It's a simple principal, really. If someone asks me to do something, I say yes, even if I am tired, PMS, overwhelmed, etc. Even if I would rather curl up under the covers. I have found that my "YES" principal has allowed me to have a lot more fun.

So, this is the summer for "YES."

No comments:

Post a Comment