Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 8: Harry Potter Artwork

I am cheap.  Really cheap.  And when I need art, I turn to BlockPosters.  It is a really cool site (not sponsoring me, or anything).  You can upload a photo and it will blow it up HUGE (I'm talking from a few sheets of paper to covering an entire wall!) and divide onto regular sized sheets of paper.  You just trim, tape and frame.   I've used it for several art projects around my house.

I was wanting something inspirational, so I chose a quote by Dumbledore (from Harry Potter).

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light." ~Dumbledore

I wanted to paper to looked aged and like it was actually from Hogwarts, so here is the process. :)  Enjoy making your own artwork!

My ugly tulip picture, and the printed quote, ready to trim!

I tossed what was left of my cup of coffee on it, then ironed it till it turned brown.

All trimmed, taped and framed (modeled by my fab daughter)!

The finished product now hangs in my living room- LUVS IT!

I used the same technique on a pic that hangs over my bed.

Block poster on the wall above my fireplace.  Now, get out there and make your own artwork! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment